My "Tarsier Tools" are simple standalone applications, utility functions, OpenOffice Calc / Microsoft Excel macros that I've developed. I and hope you'll find them useful.
Please review the sections below on licensing, including that my "Tarsier Tools" are distributed with NO WARRANTY; and code integrity and data security.
Available Tarsier Tools
The following "Tarsier Tools" are available;
Linear Interpolation Function
Designed for OpenOffice.org Calc and Microsoft Excel, this "Tarsier Tool" interpolates between consecutive ordered points from the given data. The function can be configured to interpolate using either a step or linear function. If the input value is outside of the range of the X coordinates the function can be configured to either perform a linear extrapolation using the two nearest points; return a constant value of the nearest value or return the Excel #NUM! error.
Quadratic Regression Function
Designed for OpenOffice.org Calc and Microsoft Excel, this "Tarsier Tool" enables you to perform quadratic regression on your data. The function can provide the coefficients of the quadratic equation, evaluate the function for a known X value, calculate the X values for a known Y value, calculate the co-ordinates of the turning point and calculate the R2 (R squared) coefficient of multiple determination.
"Save To..." File Menu Function
This "Tarsier Tool" is a simple application to demonstrate the concept of my Save To... and Save To Draft file menu functions and associated Preferences or Options dialog box. This Tarsier Tool (code) is written in C++, is not a library and uses the wxWidgets API, so you may need to customise the code to incorporate it into your application, programming language or GUI API.
Transpose Link Tool
Designed for Microsoft Excel, this "Tarsier Tool" will enable you to transpose a row of cells to a column, and vice versa, while at the same time, maintaining a link between the destination range and the original range. The link can be made on the same sheet, a different sheet in the same workbook, or even in a different workbook.
My "Tarsier Tools" are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
. You should review the licence to determine your
rights to use and distribute
Summary of (and not a substitute for) the licence
You are free to,
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material
provided that you follow the following licence terms,
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the licence, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial - You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike - If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same licence as the original.
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the licence permits.
my "Tarsier Tools".
Be informed that they are provided with
Section 5 Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
- Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Licensor, to the extent possible, the Licensor offers the Licensed Material as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other. This includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply to You.
- To the extent possible, in no event will the Licensor be liable to You on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this Public License or use of the Licensed Material, even if the Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this limitation may not apply to You.
- The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided above shall be interpreted in a manner that, to the extent possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and waiver of all liability.
If you are using a "Tariser Tool" commercially or within software that you are developing and intend to sell, please e-mail me for details of the licence fee.
Code Integrity and Data Security
I have tried to ensure that the Microsoft versions of the "Tarsier Tools" are virus free while in development, but there is always the remote possibility that the software on the web server could have been replaced by malicious code. If you are worried about the executables having been hacked, e-mail me requesting the "Tarsier Tool" you want and I will e-mail it to you.